The Library has four Sony e-readers for public use. Due to the cost and limited number of the e-readers, the Library has established the following guidelines for their use:
- E-readers may be checked out for up to three weeks at a time.
They may not be renewed.
- Holds are not allowed.
- They must be checked out in person in Greenfield by the person whose card is being used.
- A library card or a valid government-issue picture ID is required to check out the e-readers.
- They may not be checked out on Teacher Cards.
- An E-reader Borrowing Agreement Form must be filled out and signed each time an e-reader is checked out.
- A $1 per day late fee will be charged for overdue readers.
- Readers must be returned inside the Library. They may not be put in the book drop.
- Patrons will be responsible for loss or damage to the e-reader and/or accompanying equipment up to $150.
- The Library will replace the e-reader at no charge if the patron reports the theft to law enforcement in a timely manner and a subsequent police investigation shows credible facts that the patron took reasonable precautions and the e-reader was stolen or destroyed.
- Patrons under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian signature in order to check out an e-reader.