The Greenfield Public Library is committed to providing sufficient staffing of the Library required to:
- Evenings when the Library is open until 8:00pm, full-time staff members may be asked to work a split shift (8:30am-1:00pm and 5:00-8:00pm) or from 11:30am-8:00pm to meet the minimum staffing level, provided this leaves sufficient staff for daytime coverage.
On Saturdays, the Assistant Director can be contacted to come in and work from 9:00am-1:00pm.
- If additional staffers are not available to bring the staffing level to the minimum requirement, the Library will be closed.
- If the Library is closed as a result of insufficient staffing, scheduled personnel hours and wages will not be affected.
- Staff will communicate with the Library Director as quickly as possible regarding the circumstances necessitating closing the Library.
- The Library Director will notify the Chair of the Board of Trustees and the office of the Mayor. In Director’s absence, this responsibility will fall to the Assistant Director.
- Notice of the Library’s closure will be posted on all patron entrances, on the Library webpage and on applicable social networking sites (when able), and on local radio and television stations. This notice will contain the time of closing, the reason for closing (when possible), and the anticipated time or reopening (when possible).
Adopted by the Board of Library Trustees, March 9, 2010; effective through June 30, 2010; adopted permanently June 8, 2010