Open to residents and students in Franklin County.
Two categories: Adult and Young Poet (ages 12-18)
- Submit up to three poems. Number pages of multi-page poems.
- Only unpublished poems may be submitted.
- Previous winners (first place) may not submit poems.
- Top-placing youth poets may re-submit when they enter a new age category.
- Indicate “Adult” or “Young Poet,” and Young Poets write your age on the front of the sheet where the poem appears, lower right hand corner, circled.
- No identifying information on front of sheet, where poem appears; no staples.
- On reverse side of each poem, write your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, if available. Poems will not be returned.
- Submit on white 8.5 x 11 paper, printed clearly in ink or typed in plain typeface; no markers.
- Notification of receipt of entry will be via email, unless SASE is included with entry.
First Prize, Adult: Poet’s Seat Chair for one year and name engraved on plaque; hand-crafted, poet’s ceramic platter; a night at the Poetry Ridge Bed and Breakfast; and a $20 book store gift certificate.
All other prizes: 2nd and 3rd Place Adult, as well as top 4 Youth Poems (Youth poems judged in separate categories, ages 12-14 and 15-18) hand-crafted ceramic mug; $20 book store gift certificate.
Pottery courtesy of the Asparagus Valley Pottery Trail potters http://www.asparagusvalleypotterytrail.com/
An awards ceremony will be held in April in honor of National Poetry Month.
Send poems to: POET’S SEAT CONTEST, Greenfield Public Library, 402 Main St., Greenfield, MA 01301