Kitchenette Use Policy
The Community Room of the Greenfield Public Library offers groups and organizations access to a Kitchenette upon special request. Use of the kitchenette must adhere to the following guidelines and conditions:>
- Use of the kitchenette should be requested on the Meeting Room Application. Groups and organizations are responsible for compliance with Massachusetts requirements for a “Potluck Event".
- The kitchenette is for serving purposes only. Cooking on the premises is not permitted. A microwave is available for reheating purposes only.
- User groups are required to provide their own food supplies and any utensils not already available in the Kitchenette (see below).
- Food and beverages must be served and consumed only in the meeting and conference rooms or in the cafe.
- All food, trash and related items (plates, utensils, etc.) must be removed by the group or organization at the end of the meeting/program.
- Any items left behind in the kitchenette/refrigerator will be disposed of.
- Groups shall, at their own expense, procure any license or permit necessary for serving alcohol, as per City Licensing regulations.
- It is the responsibility of the group or association to leave the room in a clean and orderly condition.
The kitchen provides access to:
- A sink
- A full sized refrigerator
- An electric tea kettle
- A coffee maker
- A microwave (reheating only)
Paper cups, plates, and other supplies must be provided by the group or organization and removed at the conclusion of the event/program.
- Neither the Trustees of the Greenfield Public Library, nor the City of Greenfield, shall be held responsible for injury to persons or property that may occur while the kitchenette is being used.
- The Library is not responsible for damages or loss of materials, supplies, or equipment owned by the group and used in the library.
Approved by the Board of Library Trustees 9/12/2023.
To be reviewed yearly, or as needed.
For security purposes, the upstairs floor closes 15 minutes before closing time. Main doors are locked 5 minutes before closing.
- Circulation Desk: 413-772-1544, option 4
- Children’s Room: 413-772-1544, option 5
- Information Services: 413-772-1544, option 6
- Greenfield Public Library
- 412 Main Street
- Greenfield, MA 01301
LIBRARY DIRECTOR, Anna Bognolo
- 413-772-1544 x 5109