One of our library staff members is a notary public, and is able to notarize documents as staffing allows. Notary services are available most weekdays, but an appointment is required. This service is provided free of charge.
To schedule an appointment, and to verify that your document meets the Massachusetts Notary Law requirements, please contact us at 413-772-1544, or email Pamela McBride at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bring the unsigned document and a state or federally issued photo ID to your appointment. Documents can only be notarized in person.
Because we are not experts in law or finance, we are unable to notarize some documents. The Greenfield Public Library Notary may not:
- notarize deeds, mortgages, or any other document that is part of a real estate transaction, or various types of financial documents.
- provide copy certification for government issued IDs, immigration forms and certificates, or vital records
- act as a representative for any third party
- provide any advice on immigration or other legal matters.
Please call in advance to verify that your document can be notarized at the library if you have any doubts. Notaries Public operate on behalf of the state of Massachusetts and the law may sometimes require that they refuse to perform a requested notarial act. If Pamela is not available, please note that notary services are available in the Court Services Center on the first floor of the Franklin County Courthouse in downtown Greenfield. Many banks and shipping stores also offer notary services but may charge a fee.
GPL is open at the following times:
- Monday-Wednesday from 9:30am-8pm
- Thursday-Friday from 9:30am-5pm
- Saturday from 9:30am-2pm
Call or email us with any questions you may have.
- Circulation Desk: 413-772-1544, option 4
- Children’s Room: 413-772-1544, option 5
- Information Services: 413-772-1544, option 6
- Greenfield Public Library
- 402 Main Street
- Greenfield, MA 01301
LIBRARY DIRECTOR, Ellen Boyer
- 413-772-1544 x 5109