Homebound Delivery Program
HOMEBOUND DELIVERY PROGRAM
About the Program
The Homebound Delivery Program is a service of the Library and the Friends of the Library. Its purpose is to deliver materials to Greenfield residents who are unable to travel to the library. The service is intended to serve people who are homebound for any reason. This includes people with disabilities or health problems, people who are unable to get out due to inclement weather, and those who lack transportation to the library. The materials will be brought to your home by a library volunteer. The volunteers are men and women who have taken part in a brief training program and are willing to meet with you to discuss your unique needs. The volunteer will consult with you to learn the types of library resources you desire. He or she can pick up specific materials you request, or select them for you. You can get started by printing out and completing the registration form (on the bottom of this page) to the library. Our volunteer coordinators will be in touch to talk with you about your Homebound Delivery needs.
How the Program Works
- Your volunteer will visit your home at least every three weeks to make deliveries and to pick up materials you are returning.
- In addition to books, you may request audio books, magazines and DVDs.
- Greenfield books and audio books will circulate for six weeks at a time. DVDs and magazines will circulate for one week.
- All Greenfield materials may be renewed by phone two times. Call the library circulation desk at 772-1544 to renew your materials, or ask your volunteer to renew them for you.
- Your volunteer will carry your books to and from the library in a Greenfield Public Library book bag.
- At each visit, your volunteer will keep a list of the books she or he is leaving with you.
- Your volunteer will call you within 24 hours before each visit to pick up or deliver books so that you can agree on the time and details for the visit.
- For information or to sign up for the program call the Head of Borrower Services at 413-772- 1544 x 5123.
For security purposes, the upstairs floor closes 15 minutes before closing time. Main doors are locked 5 minutes before closing.
- Circulation Desk: 413-772-1544, option 4
- Children’s Room: 413-772-1544, option 5
- Information Services: 413-772-1544, option 6
- Greenfield Public Library
- 412 Main Street
- Greenfield, MA 01301
LIBRARY DIRECTOR, Anna Bognolo
- 413-772-1544 x 5109