Welcome to the website of the Greenfield Public Library in Greenfield, Massachusetts! If you need to get in touch with us, our address, phone number, and email address are on the Contact Us. page. We look forward to serving you either in person or with any of our electronic resources.
The Greenfield Public Library is hosting a Virtual Poetry Slam in celebration of National Poetry Month.
We are collecting short videos of area residents reading poems out loud—either their own original work or someone else’s—and compiling them into an online poetry event. The videos will be posted on the Greenfield Public Library YouTube channel and linked on our Facebook page. In May, a compilation of the videos will air on GCTV.
There are several ways you can participate:
• Upload your own video to YouTube, make sure to use the hashtag #VirtualPoetry14, and we will link to it
• Post your video to the Greenfield Public Library Facebook page
• Bring your video in to the library, and we will help you upload it
• Come to the library, and we will film you reading your poem
The Greenfield Public Library offers 30 minute one-on-one technology help sessions by appointment Monday through Friday.
Are you having trouble downloading e-books from the library? Don’t understand your new laptop or tablet? Need help troubleshooting problems with your email account? How about setting up a Facebook account?
You can come to the Greenfield Public Library for help. One-on-one technology help appointments are available daily at the Greenfield Public Library. Call the Information Services desk at 413-772-1544 x6 or come in to set up an appointment with Lisa, Hannah or Shirley. 30 minute appointments are available Monday through Friday.
Examples of topics we can help with include how to:
• set up an email account,
• create and manage a social networking profile (Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.),
• transfer pictures from a digital camera to a computer,
• research a topic on the Internet,
• download an e-book to a portable device, or
• use features on your cell phone.
You should have a clear goal for what you’d like to accomplish during your session, and should bring in any device that you need help with. We will not be able to repair broken equipment, troubleshoot hardware and software problems, or assist with non-standard software (i.e. Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, CAD, etc.). Sessions are limited to two 30 minute appointments per patron per week.
To request a one-on-one appointment call 413-772-1544 x6 or email email@example.com