The Greenfield Public Library offers weekly emails that feature the newest books, movies, music on our shelves, and upcoming events at the library. Click the link below to sign up!
The Forgiveness Project event scheduled for Saturday, January 24 that was moved to Monday, January 26 will now be held on Saturday, January 31 due to concern about the weather.
The Greenfield Public Library will turn its LeVanway meeting room into a coffee house on the fourth Sundays in January, February, and March. In conjunction with the Coop Concerts, the Library will be host Cooped Up at the Library concerts in the meeting room from 2 to 4 pm on January 25, February 22 and March 22. Michael Nix will kick off the series, with Orlen and Gabriel in February, and Pat and Tex in March. Each program will begin with an open mic from 2 to 2:30. Sign up will be required with the main performance beginning at 3, and refreshments, provided by the Friends of the GPL, will be for sale for $1. Admission is by donation. Space is limited, so early arrival is recommended. Doors open at 1:45. Nix performs on Banjar, classical guitar, banjo, lute, and mandolin, throughout the United States and Asia; has recorded for the PBS series "American Experience", several independent documentaries, numerous CD projects; and his compositions are performed internationally. His music has been heard "Weekend Edition", and other NPR programs.
Open to residents and students in Franklin County.
Two categories: Adult and Young Poet (ages 12-18)
• Submit up to three poems. Number pages of multi-page poems.
• Only unpublished poems may be submitted.
• Previous winners (first place) may not submit poems.
• Top-placing youth poets may re-submit when they enter a new age category.
• Indicate “Adult” or “Young Poet,” and Young Poets write your age on the front of the sheet where the poem appears, lower right hand corner, circled.
• No identifying information on front of sheet, where poem appears; no staples.
• On reverse side of each poem, write your name, address, telephone number,and e-mail address, if available. Poems will not be returned.
• Submit on white 8.5 x 11 paper, printed clearly in ink or typed in plain typeface; no markers.
• Notification of receipt of entry will be via email, unless SASE is included with entry.
Send poems to: POET’S SEAT CONTEST, Greenfield Public Library, 402 Main St., Greenfield, MA 01301
DEADLINE: MARCH 9, 2015 (POSTMARK)
AWARD CEREMONY: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 7 pm, Capen Room, Stoneleigh-Burnham School, 574 Bernardston Road
As of today, the GPL has not received any federal or state tax forms. If you have been getting your tax forms from us in the past, please be aware our selection this year is going to be severely limited. The IRS has notified us that they will only be sending Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ. You will still be able to print forms from the Internal Revenue Service's website using our computers, and Information Services staff will be happy to assist you.